Rules and Regulations
I. General Rules:
1) At the first stroke of the bell at 8.45 a.m., all must fall in line immediately for the assembly where they will recite prayers and subsequently move silently to their class-rooms. Late comers should bring a note of explanation from their parents.
2) All are expected to speak in ENGLISH in SCHOOL.
3) Students must bring books according to the specified time-table. They must see that all books are neatly covered and labelled.
4) Utmost cleanliness must be observed in school premises. Throwing litter, pieces of paper, seeds and skins of fruits is strictly prohibited. Children must make use of the dustbins.
5) Writing or scribbling on walls and desk, benches or anywhere else is strictly prohibited.
6) Any kind of damage done by pupils to the school equipments, furniture, building, etc. will have to make good and penalty shall be decided by the Principal.
7) Strict regularity, implicit obedience, politeness, courtesy in speech and conduct and cleanliness of books, dress and person are rigidly insisted upon.
8) Students must not run around inside the school building. They must observe silence while walking through the corridors or while going up and down the staircase.
9) Books (other than Text or Library books), newspapers or periodicals or any objectionable literature must not be brought to School.
10) The school shall not be held responsible for books, money, clothes and other articles that are lost. Students must look after their own things. It is not advisable for pupils to have money, valuable articles or jewellery with them. Harmful or lethal objects should not be brought to school.
11) Fancy watches are not allowed to be worn in the school and will be confiscated. Students from Std. VII onwards will be allowed to wear wrist watches.
12) Use of mobile phones in the school campus is strictly prohibited. A student if found with a mobile will be heavily penalized.
13) Birthdays will be celebrated only with the Greetings. The students are not allowed to distribute sweets or any kind of gifts in the school. Students/Parents are strictly prohibited from offering gifts or presents to any of the staff at any time.
14) Pupils are answerable to the School Authorities for their conduct both in and outside the school. Hence misbehavior in public places and conveyance is punishable. Every student should endeavour to keep up high tone of the school, by excelling in good manners and deportment.
15) A student who is unwell should not be sent to school. In case of emergency, medical fees and transport charges will be borne by the parents. Students suffering from contagious or infectious diseases are not permitted to attend the school.
16) Any sort of complaints / suggestions regarding school matters should be handed over to the Principal and not to the class teachers.
17) Any correspondence by the parents should be on a separate paper and must be sent in an envelope.
18) Parents must not disturb the teachers in the class rooms for discussions. In case they need teacher’s help regarding their ward’s studies or behavioural problems, they may see the teacher in between 4.00 to 4.30 p.m. with Principal’s prior permission.
19) The calendar must be brought to school daily and should be maintained carefully. If the student misuses his/her calendar or loses it, a new copy is issued to him/her against payment of its cost and an additional penalty prescribed by the Principal. Whenever a student reports to the Principal for any reason whatsoever, he/she must carry his/her calendar with him/her.
1) Students are strictly forbidden to leave the school premises at unusual times. In case of emergency/sickness an application should be made to the Principal seeking permission.
2) Irregular attendance and unjustified absence justifies dismissal. Students must not be kept away from the school for celebrations like engagements, marriages, poojas, etc.
3) The parents whose child needs to remain absent or was absent, must write the reason in the ‘Leave and Absentee Record’ in the calendar. It must be signed by both parents as well as the teachers.
4) In case of a long sickness, a letter must be sent to the Principal on a neat sheet of paper enclosed in an envelope with appropriate details written on it. Parents must not wait to send this intimation until the child recovers. Parents must produce a medical certificate for absence on account of illness.
5) Child will be marked present only if he/she represents the school in competitions. For private competition he/she will be, marked absent.
6) Absence for any other reason would be permitted only with the prior permission from the Principal. Leaving the school premises without Principal’s permission is strictly not allowed. In case if the student is found missing from the class, the school will no longer be responsible for his/her act as well as safety. Such student will not be allowed to resume classes unless he/she is accompanied by parents. Only after discussion with parents and student, the Principal will decide what disciplinary action should be taken.
7) Attendance is compulsory on Independence Day , Republic Day , first and last working day of each session.
8) Parents taking children away during school vacation must make sure that the children attend the school on the last and first working day. Non-availability of reservation of tickets will not be accepted as an excuse for coming late / leaving early.
9) In case the child misses the syllabus completed during absence, it will be parent’s responsibility to cover the syllabus.
10) If child remains absent from school for more than a month without intimation his name will be deleted from the roll.
III. For Parents:
1) When communicating with the Principal, parents are requested to mention in their letters, the Standard and Division of their child. If it relates to the siblings studying in different classes, two separate letters should be given.
2) Any certificates, endorsements, verifications from the school should be asked for three days in advance through a handwritten application to the Principal.
3) Parents are expected to cooperate with the School Authorities by enforcing punctuality, regularity, personal cleanliness and discipline by seeing that their children prepare their lessons and by taking active and helpful interests in the activities of the school.
4) Parents should see that their children attend school regularly and in time. The school uniform and school books should be checked every day.
5) Parents should inculcate regular study habits and check on their children’s homework. In case of problems, please see the Principal during visiting hours.
6) Reports or remarks sent by the teachers must be acted upon immediately. Parents must come to collect their ward’s Progress Report Card for the final exam. Progress Report Card will not be handed over to anybody else.
7) Criticisms of teachers or of the school in children’s presence should be avoided. You can come directly to us. Please meet the Principal regarding such matters.
8) Parents Teachers Interaction: PTI meeting is arranged by school and should be attended by at least one parent. Parents are not allowed to contact the teachers directly during school hours. In case, such a meeting is desired by the parent, prior appointment with the class teacher should be taken.
9) Parents and guardians are specially requested to notify the school of any change in their address and telephone number.
10) Parents, guardians or other persons are not allowed to see the pupils or call them on telephone during school hours or Interview the teachers, while they are engaged in teaching, or at their residence.
11) The parents / guardians are earnestly advised not to seek any favour for their ward by asking to break any rules of the school, as this can’t be in the interest of their ward.
12) Parents are reminded that without their help and co-operation no significant improvement can be expected from the efforts taken by the school to mould the student’s character in the school. They are therefore intently requested to encourage regularity and discipline, to see that their children attend to the home assignments, come to school in proper uniform, and bring all the books required for the day’s work. Every student shall endeavour to keep up the high standard and good reputation of the school by his/her good behaviour, values and deportment.